Upcoming Festival 2019/2020
Act One: One Act Festival Application 2019/2020
Submission Deadline: December 15th, 2019
Performing: January – February 2020
Description: The Act One: One Act Festival is now accepting plays for its 5th annual festival. The Secret Theatre seeks to promote new work and emerging playwrights through our annual One-Act Festivals. We also promote playwrights through publishing anthologies of the winning plays; all of the final plays, including the festival winner, are offered a non-exclusive publishing agreement. We have currently published 5 volumes of short plays. No fee to submit or produce.
• Each Play is guaranteed multiple performances [the exact number is decided once our final selection is made. Factors include the length of plays but is not usually less than 4 performances]
• The final selected plays are eligible for publishing in Top Secret Books’ The LIC One Act Festival Vol 5 on a non-exclusive basis.
• Plays must be between 10 – 20 minutes in length. Preference is given to plays that have not been produced before. Timings must be accurate please overestimate if not sure. We cannot accept plays that are longer than 20 minutes so even 25 is a rejection, we don’t want to waste your time.
• Playwrights are responsible for selecting the director and cast. (We may be able to help you if you do not have a director but preference will be given to playwrights who can provide their own directors and actors.)
• Easy to produce. (If you have a play which for instance includes a swimming pool, a large amount of sets and props, or anything else too elaborate or is impossible to cast we may reject it.)
• Please submit plays in PDF or Word format only.
• We will divide selected plays into three or four programs, selected Playwrights will be informed on a rolling basis.
Equity Showcases are permitted – we are the presenting organization but will help through the process of registering and will provide the appropriate insurance certificate for Actor Equity Assoc.
• $100 – Cash Prize for Best Play
• $50 – Cash Prize for Best Director
• $50 – Cash Prize for Best Actor
• $50 – Cash Prize for Best Actress
PLEASE NOTE WE HAVE A ROLLING SUBMISSION POLICY WHICH MEANS WE PICK PLAYS AS THEY ARE SUBMITTED SO WAITING UNTIL THE DEADLINE IS NOT ADVISED.